One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- variant spelling of Pashtun
- ‘Like the Pathans of Indian cricket, there are other youngsters out there with the ability to become youth icons.’
- ‘There are also several distinct ethnic and linguistic groups in Pakistan, including Pathans, Punjabis, Sindhis, and Baluchis.’
- ‘The Pathans call it Abbaseen, Father of Rivers.’
- ‘Another well-known Indian Muslim community is the Pathans.’
- ‘But what did amaze the Greeks were the Pathans who lived there.’
From Hindi Paṭhān.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.