Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A medical test, typically a blood test, to determine whether a man may be the father of a particular child.
- ‘In particular, the courts will be able to recommend less invasive DNA sampling, as well as blood tests, which may lead to more people taking the paternity test.’
- ‘Until a paternity test was completed he did not know whether Dysan was his son or his brother's.’
- ‘After it is born we can have a paternity test to prove it.’
- ‘It takes years - and a paternity test - before the man will recognize his son.’
- ‘I refuse to believe any of this until a paternity test is done.’
- ‘In the following four months he still sent out paternity test results purporting to be from the Canadian company.’
- ‘But as the movie progresses, we learn there is no need for a paternity test.’
- ‘‘I need you take a paternity test,’ she blurted out.’
- ‘Once the child was born, she decided to have a paternity test done.’
- ‘Nurse, bring the paternity tests - I think I've found my real father!’
- ‘Jake, Cassie, Guy and Lucas went to the hospital for the paternity test.’
- ‘‘Olivia's got a history of cystic fibrosis in her family so she's going to get a chorionic villus done along with a paternity test,’ he told me.’
- ‘The man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, found out he was not the five-year-old's father through a DNA paternity test.’
- ‘I accept that there was some delay occasioned by the father's failure to respond expeditiously for a paternity test and to provide full disclosure.’
- ‘Yes, you can schedule a paternity test at the desk.’
- ‘So he decided that there would be a prenatal paternity test.’
- ‘He never asked for a paternity test, never asked why I didn't call him as soon as I found out, he never asked anything.’
- ‘He said it wasn't his, and when my daughter was born he made us have a paternity test.’
- ‘I made her take us to a DNA testing lab, and Joey and I took a paternity test, and it turned out that Angela was right.’
- ‘The paternity test was conducted by medical staff working in a laboratory owned by Shanghai's Biostar Genechip Inc Group.’
paternity test/pəˈternədē test/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.