One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The unequal expression in mammals of some maternally and paternally derived genes known as genomic imprinting reduces the masking benefits of diploidy.’
- ‘Roughly 50% of all affected individuals carry new mutations which appear to arise paternally, possibly reflecting genomic imprinting.’
- ‘It also entails the replacement, at least partially, of cold, ruthless, impartial legal discourse with a firm but paternally supportive discourse.’
- ‘He is taller than me now, and likes to put his arm paternally around my shoulder.’
- ‘Groups 3 and 4, 8 and 9, and 10 and 11 were paternally related half-siblings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.