One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘But when it comes to children's diet, I am an out-and-out paternalist.’
- ‘Is the philanthropist simply finding a socially acceptable way of being a paternalist?’
- ‘Or he may take a paternalist view and prefer people not to undertake risky activities on his land.’
- ‘In Column 4, we looked at the institutional means by which 19th century paternalists sought to ‘look after’ the child-like among us.’
- ‘These agreements cannot be ignored for the sake of paternalist goals such as increased socio-economic equality or the moral betterment of the individual.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.