One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An office from which patents are issued.
- ‘Last year, the appeals court said the patent office had incorrectly rejected two applications for ‘obviousness.’’
- ‘Thousands of patents are filed with the US patent office every year, and this site highlights some of the more unusual ones.’
- ‘That's an awful long time for an application to be kicking around the patent office; the file wrapper dealing with its prosecution history must be something to see.’
- ‘You are also in the hands of patent offices, or it appears, the whim of patent offices.’
- ‘At the moment our patent lawyers are compiling a case for the EU patent office.’
- ‘The data provided have been perfectly acceptable to the patent offices in Europe and the US so far, but that cuts no ice in Taipei.’
- ‘These summaries are included generally within one to three weeks of publication, depending on the patent office in question.’
- ‘But worldwide, for two decades at least, patent offices have been granting commercial companies monopolistic access to our DNA.’
- ‘It is not part of the role of the IB to grant patents at all - this is still handled by the various national and regional patent offices around the world.’
- ‘The patents are now all registered at the patent office in my name in a totally legal and proper way.’
- ‘Certainly the EU has directive power over national patent offices that generally nominate the delegates that vote at the EPO, so perhaps there could after all be some EU leverage.’
- ‘It is not in the interests of the Public for the patent office and courts to shun the Appellant for a third party such as a ‘one legged roof tiler’.’
- ‘Project partners include Bulgarian ministries and agencies and patent offices in the UK and Denmark.’
- ‘A further complication came when patent offices began to make patents so broad they have become a barrier to further progress and research.’
- ‘So pervasive was the 1890s craze that the government opened a separate patent office just for bicycle-related innovations.’
- ‘Legislation to restructure funding for the patent office will help ensure adequate review and protection of medtech intellectual properties.’
- ‘However, the lawsuit is still playing itself out in the courts, while the patent office wakes up and realizes that maybe the patents never were valid in the first place.’
- ‘Only in 1902 did he get a bona fide job, at the Swiss patent office in Bern.’
- ‘But as the years have gone by, patent offices and courts all over the world have cut back on the scope of protections that people can obtain for these kinds of inventions.’
- ‘We all curse the patent office for granting patents on things which we find obvious, but they don't always mess up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.