Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The condition of being open, expanded, or unobstructed.
- ‘But the possibility of natural conception depends on the tubal patency and ovulatory function.’
- ‘In 80-90 % of cases it is successful in restoring the patency of at least one fallopian tube.’
- ‘Most patients will maintain airway patency although some may require intubation with mechanical ventilation.’
- ‘Because of the poor prognosis, palliative methods are needed to maintain airway patency.’
- ‘We also found that nasal patency decreased as room temperatures increased.’
- 1.1The condition of showing detectable parasite infection.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.