1The condition of being open, expanded, or unobstructed.
- ‘But the possibility of natural conception depends on the tubal patency and ovulatory function.’
- ‘Most patients will maintain airway patency although some may require intubation with mechanical ventilation.’
- ‘We also found that nasal patency decreased as room temperatures increased.’
- ‘In 80-90 % of cases it is successful in restoring the patency of at least one fallopian tube.’
- ‘Because of the poor prognosis, palliative methods are needed to maintain airway patency.’
- 1.1 The condition of showing detectable parasite infection.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.