One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A board in a switchboard, computer, or other device with a number of electric sockets that may be connected in various combinations.
- ‘A recent carrier business case study looked at a network with a discrete network element configuration totaling 23 bays, including MSPPs, DWDM, ATM, IP router, GigE switch, and patch panel / interconnections.’
- ‘The cables pulled themselves out of the patch panels and switch gear?’
- ‘Anyway, I tell him to jack a loopback cable into his patch panel.’
- ‘I calmly replied, ‘Gee sir, those are switches… the patch panel is over here.‘’
- ‘These systems are the mostly hidden infrastructure of wires, jacks and patch panels that form the foundation of a LAN.’
- ‘The main distribution facility houses main termination patch panels and supports ‘core’ technology equipment, such as the main data network router and switch.’
- ‘The photo above shows an example of patch panels in each machine room.’
- ‘The apartments feature structured cabling and patch panels bringing video and audio technology into every room.’
- ‘In the case of electrical machines, this was done typically by plugging wires into sockets on a patch panel (computing machines whose function is determined in this way are referred to as ‘program-controlled’).’
- ‘The patch panel should be located in a room that has clean electrical lines for your data switches.’
- ‘Examples of Navy CDMs include radios, patch panels, multiplexers and tactical communications data links.’
- ‘Tobyhanna is also designing and fabricating patch panels that allow the components to be connected in any configuration necessary.’
- ‘The patch panel port numbers should be written on the port switch plates throughout the campus, and also recorded on a wiring diagram.’
- ‘We also carry Cat 5e and Cat 6 cables, fiber optic cables, panels/cabinets, keystone jacks, wall plates, patch panels and tools’
- ‘Many vendors test from the patch panel to the desk and no further.’
- ‘Next, add an additional 10% safety margin to the estimated loss to accommodate for distance estimation errors, additional losses resulting from poor splices, patch panels, and allowing for future maintenance (splices, etc.).’
- ‘A great way to get started provided you have a patch panel or analog mixer to serve as a breakout box, and you already have a MIDI interface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.