One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thick, creamy custard used as a filling for cakes or flans.
- ‘As for dessert, try their Sweet Pastilla (fried Pastilla sheet with pastry cream and almonds).’
- ‘With machine running, pour in pastry cream mixture.’
- ‘To assemble and finish: Using a pastry bag fitted with #10 tip fill cooled dacquoise with coconut pastry cream mousseline.’
- ‘But this wasn't available that evening, so I went for the golden puff pastry, topped with pastry cream, caramelised nuts and served with vanilla bean ice cream.’
- ‘Set two heaping spoonfuls of pastry cream and a spoonful of dried fig compote on top.’
- ‘Using pastry bags, fill bottom half of shell with sweet potato mousse, fill top half of shell with parsnip pastry cream and top with chocolate glaze.’
- ‘The dessert served was a (Bistro Louise signature of) Napoleon of almond florentine cookies stacked with a coffee pastry cream and rum scented strawberries surrounded with a fresh strawberry sauce.’
- ‘Lay the four crèpes on a surface and pipe the maple pastry cream into the center of each.’
- ‘I purchased piping tips the other day at Williams Sonoma so maybe I will pipe this pastry cream into the tart shell.’
- ‘Make and cool pastry cream while cake bakes and cools.’
- ‘Pipe a portion of maple pastry cream into a tart shell.’
- ‘For the parsnip pastry cream: In saucepan, combine milk and parsnips and bring to a boil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.