One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Past actions and characters are determinate because of their very pastness.’
- ‘Yet pastness and futurity, he argued, are inherently contradictory; so nothing in reality can correspond to them.’
- ‘There is a patina of pastness and folkloric authenticity that pervades the marketplace.’
- ‘She also says that the accompanying photographs provide ‘an exquisite index of the pastness of the past.’’
- ‘It calls up the seeming paradox of writing a history, an account of pastness, of things that are of the relative present.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.