One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially in Italy) a shop selling pastries and cakes.‘Florence's finest pasticceria is a little way from the center of town but it's well worth the journey’
- ‘Sbrisolana is a kind of a cross between a cookie and a cake made from almonds and cornmeal that is the sweet specialty of Mantova and is proudly displayed in the window of every pasticceria in the city.’
- ‘Marzullo, who moved to the United States with his family 25 years ago, owns the 17-year-old pasticceria with his brother.’
- ‘New York is overrun with amazing Italian pasticcerias where you can also get Passionfruit Sorbet and pignoli cookies or any number of decadent chocolate mousse cakes.’
- ‘I wanted to eat lemon granita for breakfast, discover the secrets behind caponata and pasta alla Norma, and sample the legendary glories of Sicilian pasticceria.’
- ‘Coming from a Sicilian family involved in ristoranti and a pasticceria, Fabrizio seems to have coulis running through his veins.’
Italian, from pasticcio ‘pastry’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.