Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a computer, file, etc.) accessible only to users entering the correct password.‘the teaching websites are password-protected for all enrolled students’
- ‘It's basically a password-protected area that allows you to store credit card details.’
- ‘The administrative features, located in a secure area on the Web server, are password-protected.’
- ‘Do you know of any software that will enable isolated files or folders to be made password-protected?’
- ‘Its home page simply features a company logo, and access to the rest of the site is password-protected.’
- ‘I transferred the money to a password-protected encrypted account and I began firing off orders while I still had the authority.’
- ‘For broadcasters and journalists, a password-protected media section provides information on players, press releases and tips on the fundamentals of the game.’
- ‘Another technique used to protect information is that of the password-protected screen saver.’
- ‘He entered all the data into the computer in a password-protected file.’
- ‘Participants typically have access to a password-protected site where they can educate themselves about the program.’
- ‘A very common feature of password-protected Web sites is the ability to request that the password be e-mailed to you.’
- ‘The nursery had set up password-protected webcams to give worried parents extra peace of mind by enabling them to see their children during the day.’
- ‘Many devices allow users to create a secure area on the drive that is password-protected.’
- ‘The system allows authors to create their own password-protected home page.’
- ‘All sensitive material is password-protected and available only to registered members.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.