One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Read (a document) cursorily.
- ‘My best friend is a libel lawyer, so I would get him to pass his eye over it as well.’
- ‘You can't merely pass your eyes over a page, underline a few things, and consider the job done.’
- ‘He passed his eye over the report.’
- ‘I have passed my eye over as many passages of the 'Southern Farmer and Market Gardener,' as time and circumstances permitted me to do.’
- ‘She has agreed to pass her eye over my personal journal and point out the typos.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.