One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Read (a document) cursorily.
- ‘You can't merely pass your eyes over a page, underline a few things, and consider the job done.’
- ‘I have passed my eye over as many passages of the 'Southern Farmer and Market Gardener,' as time and circumstances permitted me to do.’
- ‘She has agreed to pass her eye over my personal journal and point out the typos.’
- ‘He passed his eye over the report.’
- ‘My best friend is a libel lawyer, so I would get him to pass his eye over it as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.