One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brief infatuation.‘Kath's got a pash on him’
passion for, love for, adoration of, desire for, fondness for, feeling for, regard for, devotion to, penchant for, preoccupation with, obsession with, fixation with, craze for, mania for, addiction toView synonyms
- ‘Looking back on the night I realised the people I was having one-on-ones with were pretty much all men and I still didn't have a pash.’
- ‘Are you gonna tell him about your little pash, today?’
- ‘Today's 10-year-olds can discover for themselves my long-ago pash.’
- ‘Find someone that you can maybe fall in love with or maybe just have a nice, comfortable relationship for awhile. Find a mad pash.’
- ‘Then there's the ex-boyfriend, the one a friend of mine named the ‘mad pash of my life,’ which is about the long and the short of it.’
Early 20th century: abbreviation of passion.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.