Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dance for three people.
trio, triumvirate, triad, trinity, troika, triunity, triangle, triplexView synonyms
- ‘There were notable performances in the Act 1 pas de trois.’
- ‘I think he has to be more reserved and to show off less in this pas de trois, as it requires harmony among the three dancers.’
- ‘The pas de trois was a very successful piece of choreography.’
- ‘Dancers from the Joffrey Ballet of Chicago performed this enigmatic pas de trois.’
- ‘The strength of the company's male dancers was well displayed in the several exciting pas de trois for men which celebrate male camaraderie.’
French, literally step of three.
pas de trois/ˌpä də ˈtwä/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.