A dance for three people.
trio, triplet, triplets, triumvirate, triad, trinity, troika, triunity, triangle, triplexView synonyms
- ‘Dancers from the Joffrey Ballet of Chicago performed this enigmatic pas de trois.’
- ‘I think he has to be more reserved and to show off less in this pas de trois, as it requires harmony among the three dancers.’
- ‘The strength of the company's male dancers was well displayed in the several exciting pas de trois for men which celebrate male camaraderie.’
- ‘The pas de trois was a very successful piece of choreography.’
- ‘There were notable performances in the Act 1 pas de trois.’
French, literally ‘step of three’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.