One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dance for three people.
trio, triplet, triplets, triumvirate, triad, trinity, troika, triunity, triangle, triplexView synonyms
- ‘There were notable performances in the Act 1 pas de trois.’
- ‘The pas de trois was a very successful piece of choreography.’
- ‘I think he has to be more reserved and to show off less in this pas de trois, as it requires harmony among the three dancers.’
- ‘Dancers from the Joffrey Ballet of Chicago performed this enigmatic pas de trois.’
- ‘The strength of the company's male dancers was well displayed in the several exciting pas de trois for men which celebrate male camaraderie.’
French, literally ‘step of three’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.