Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A creeping North American plant of the madder family with red berries that are a favored food of game birds.
- ‘Seasonal patterns in the rates of photosynthesis were similar in shaded partridgeberry and eastern hemlock.’
- ‘Partridgeberry brightens the drab forest floor in fall and winter, its mats of evergreen leaves and scarlet fruits hugging the ground.’
- ‘The Canada Yew type was composed primarily of Canada yew, with Canada mayflower and partridgeberry making up an additional 33% of the importance.’
- ‘One surprising inclusion was the humble partridgeberry, a plant often underfoot and overlooked.’
- ‘An evergreen vine, partridgeberry grows up to a foot long, with a whitish, trailing stem.’
- 1.1The fruit of the partridgeberry plant.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.