One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A yellow-flowered leguminous plant with sensitive leaves.
Cassia fasciculata, family Leguminosae
- ‘Partridge pea tolerates a wide range of soil types, including many nutrient-deficient ones, but grows best on sandy-textured soils.’
- ‘Partridge pea produces hard-coated seeds that may persist for extended periods.’
- ‘Illinois bundle flower, butterfly milkweed, compass grass, and partridge peas nestle in another 20-acre plot.’
- ‘The other species present included cattail, partridge pea and American germander.’
- ‘Julie Etterson and Ruth Shaw of the University of Minnesota studied the potential evolution of partridge peas in Minnesota.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.