One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The most general form of the solution of a differential equation, containing arbitrary constants.
- ‘In the example of Fig.1, once a particular solution involving nine atoms is determined, 25 constraints are required.’
- ‘We can verify by substitution that two particular solutions of the difference equation are possible, Q n = 1 for all n and Q n = (q/p) n, and therefore the linear combination of these two particular solutions is also a solution,’
- ‘This solution showed that there is a particular solution of Einstein's equations which allows time-travel to occur.’
- ‘The very fact of the non-uniqueness of a particular solution to a complex problem qualifies the whole idea of ‘perfection’.’
- ‘However, a particular solution, valid for many types of fluid flow, was one of the key ingredients in the discovery of the basic principles of flight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.