Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A concentrated stream of subatomic particles, generated in order to cause collisions between particles that will shed new light on their nature and structure.
- ‘Lichtenberg Figures are electrical discharges that have been permanently captured within clear acrylic plastic, combining the technologies of particle beam and dielectric physics with the natural beauty of fractals.’
- ‘Copper tube - the particle beam travels in a vacuum inside this tube’
- ‘Says Corlett, ‘The quality of any particle beam depends heavily upon its feedback system.’’
- ‘Consequently, the charged particle beam can be applied uniformly to the irradiation object and an irradiation time of the charged particle beam to the irradiation object can be curtailed.’
- ‘Before he could fire, the area behind him was lit up from the blue particle beam of Tim's pistol striking Nathan in the back, sending him into unconsciousness.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.