One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Likewise, the participial suffix ‘ado’ is often changed by Puerto Ricans.’
- ‘I found myself piling on participial phrases to capture some of that.’
- ‘I think there is a tension between the participial and noun forms worth exploring-for the terms determine how teachers and students alike encounter the phenomenon of writing.’
- ‘The construction is the same - a participial phrase introduces the story, the spin commences before the news arrives - but the similarities end there.’
- ‘I mean that, fully apart from knowing what a participial phrase is and how it functions, they don't even know how to use one.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.