One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the ancient kingdom of Parthia or its inhabitants.‘he pursued a Parthian army into the Syrian desert’
- ‘The Parthian city of Hatra is a wonderful and magical place that dates to the second century BC.’
- ‘There also seems to be a reference to the intended Parthian expedition of Julius Caesar.’
- ‘Most structures were built in limestone gypsum and are an eclectic mix of Assyrian, Hellenistic, Parthian and Roman styles.’
- ‘The arch celebrated the Parthian victories of Septimius Severus and his sons Geta and Caracalla.’
- ‘Check out this collection of images of horses from Parthian coins.’
A native or inhabitant of the ancient kingdom of Parthia.‘he was captured by the Parthians’
- ‘Antony and Crassus invaded the territory of the Parthians easily, but to their own misfortune.’
- ‘We drove to Bam, a sprawling walled city and citadel begun two thousand years ago by the Parthians.’
- ‘One of the figures, wearing a Phrygian cap, trousers or leggings, and a short cloak, is believed to be a Parthian.’
- ‘Antony had planned a campaign against the Parthians.’
- ‘The Parthians ruled Iran for nearly 400 years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.