One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inlaid work of blocks of various woods arranged in a geometric pattern, especially for flooring or furniture.
inset, set, enchased, ornamented, decorated, studded, lined, panelled, tiledView synonyms
- ‘And I'd swear that it was in a brown parquetry veneer bowl.’
- ‘A low table - only calf-high - filled the center of the room; oak, it looked like, with parquetry designs inlaid in the surface.’
- ‘The floors, once covered with the finest parquetry, are unrecognisable, the blinds don't work, the light-bulbs drape from thin wires where lamps used to hang.’
- ‘Chris then pushed back his chair with a violent screech as it scraped the parquetry, and stood up to his full height.’
- ‘Stacey and Jaycob followed the pair onto the dance floor: a wooden parquetry.’
- ‘Ramps on both sides drop to parquetry floored galleries that provide increased height for the display of QUT's impressive collection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.