One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is one thing, we have learned, to describe something as being ‘beyond parody’, but another, as would-be parodists, to experience the consequences of this phenomenon.’
- ‘An extremely talented parodist of the dead socialist realism style, he seems to have brought its spirit back to life with his word play.’
- ‘The parodist must both imitate and create incongruity in relation to the pretext, and parody has, contrary to pastiche, traditionally had a comic dimension.’
- ‘It triggered a veritable tidal wave of imitators, parodists, and artists wishing to capitalize on its success.’
- ‘We posted a large collection of editorial toons on our official site but since that time, America's parodists have been at it again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.