One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Parmesan cheese.‘the steak medallions were encrusted with parm’
- ‘Add a few handfuls of grated parm, toss to coat, and serve.’
- ‘There's grated Parm up front, prepackaged garlic, leftover Thyme, Lauren's hot sauce.’
- ‘Add the mayo, lemon juice, parm, Worcestershire, salt, and a few grinds of fresh pepper; blend well.’
- ‘A lesser Parm will do, but nothing pre-grated in a can or a jar.’
- ‘Good parm should be sprinkled over the entire pie before baking.’
- ‘The Gorgonzola provides a bit of a sharp kick, and the Parm provides a sweetness.’
- ‘We actually have a large wheel of parm here in the studio that we got.’
- 1.1 A dish cooked or served with Parmesan cheese.‘the chicken parm was excellent’‘they use the same tomato sauce for all their parms’
1970s: abbreviation of Parmigiana or Parmesan.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.