One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘After all, the values of parliamentarianism (self-government, free speech, the right of opposition) did not support imperial rule.’
- ‘A section of politicians from traditional right-wing parties are turning towards right-wing populism, with its chauvinist and xenophobic programme combined with a large dose of hostility towards parliamentarianism.’
- ‘The basic ideas that were key to the formation of the ‘Third Bulgarian State’ include sovereignty, constitutionalism and parliamentarianism.’
- ‘However, increasing right-wing movement and military intervention into politics pushed Japan to gradually move away from democracy and parliamentarianism toward militarism, totalitarianism, and expansionism.’
- ‘And for many people it represents a welcome attempt to break from the jaded parliamentarianism of New Labour and the manipulative methods of the Stalinism that collapsed in 1989.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.