One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A notice telling a driver of a fine imposed for parking illegally, typically attached to a car windshield.
- ‘When I got back, there was a traffic warden by the car and a parking ticket on the windscreen.’
- ‘When he came back two days later he was surprised to see yellow lines and a parking ticket on his windscreen.’
- ‘I guess one will just have to park and be issued with a parking ticket.’
- ‘You might think you will get away with it if you tear the parking ticket off your windscreen and throw it in the bin…’
- ‘The traffic warden was so horrified she couldn't work out what to write on a parking ticket for the offending vehicle.’
- ‘For instance, he can write a parking ticket - but only within the marina's boundaries.’
- ‘This may be one way of ensuring that the traffic warden cannot put a parking ticket under them, but it also means that the extra large pillars can restrict the view.’
- ‘Traffic wardens slapped a parking ticket on a coach collecting pensioners after a concert at the Bridgewater Hall.’
- ‘He's been given a parking ticket for being badly, rather than illegally, parked.’
- ‘To my disgruntlement, we returned to the car with a large parking ticket attached to the windshield wipers.’
- ‘A motoring organisation has warned drivers to take care to avoid getting a parking ticket this Bank Holiday Monday.’
- ‘A traffic warden slapped a parking ticket on a mourners' car - just as it was about to leave for a funeral.’
- ‘And I didn't even notice the parking ticket on my windshield until I got home.’
- ‘She sent me a letter of explanation, which I attached to my parking ticket.’
- ‘The change will mean north Wiltshire drivers who incur a parking ticket will no longer be committing a criminal offence.’
- ‘If you drive a huge, hulking 4x4 and you've been slapped with a parking ticket, look again because you might not have a fine to pay after all.’
- ‘I was only in this place for about 10 minutes, and when I came out there was a Parking Warden writing a parking ticket.’
- ‘When I came out there was a motorcycle cop writing a parking ticket.’
- ‘The defendant's friend's boyfriend had offered to move her car from a car park so she would not get a parking ticket but kept stalling it.’
- ‘Offenders will be taken to the police station where they will be issued with a fixed penalty notice similar to a parking ticket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.