One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Either of the paired lobes of the brain at the top of the head, including areas concerned with the reception and correlation of sensory information.
- ‘Again, similar functional areas have been found in the upper parts of the human occipital lobe and the parietal lobe.’
- ‘Cats have frontal, temporal, occipital, and parietal lobes of their cerebral cortex, as we do, and these brain regions are composed of gray and white matter.’
- ‘Other areas affected included the parietal lobe, the temporal lobe, and, in one case, the white matter tracts of the cerebellum, midbrain, and pons.’
- ‘The central sulcus of the insula runs in an upwards and backwards direction, almost parallel to the cerebral central sulcus that delimits the frontal lobe from the parietal lobe.’
- ‘This gyrus is lying at the crossroads between frontal, temporal and parietal lobes of the brain and it's enormous in humans, much bigger than in other primates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.