One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He has visited the orphanages where parentless children are dying of hunger.’
- ‘In rare flashes of vulnerability, Ridley said she feels pain every time she sees a child left parentless from a killing.’
- ‘You report how overly punitive drug laws are responsible for leaving many children parentless.’
- ‘The disease is devastating populations in sub-Saharan Africa, leaving 12 percent of the children in the region parentless.’
- ‘Unfortunately, a mysterious gust of wind blows the last egg several pages away, leaving the duckling to hatch into a parentless world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.