One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being a parent and the responsibilities involved.‘high rates of single parenthood’
childcare, child-rearing, motherhood, fatherhood, parenting, mothering, fatheringView synonyms
- ‘However unusual her mother's approach to parenthood, it paid off.’
- ‘He has all the support from his mother and friends but is deprived of normal parenthood.’
- ‘Dressing a little girl is, for many mothers, one of the most enjoyable aspects of their parenthood.’
- ‘The organisation also warns that parenthood forces mothers into low paid jobs or to give up work altogether.’
- ‘Voting for this bill is not a vote for motherhood, or parenthood, or fatherhood - it is not.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.