Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The state of being a parent and the responsibilities involved.‘high rates of single parenthood’
childcare, child-rearing, motherhood, fatherhood, parenting, mothering, fatheringView synonyms
- ‘However unusual her mother's approach to parenthood, it paid off.’
- ‘He has all the support from his mother and friends but is deprived of normal parenthood.’
- ‘Dressing a little girl is, for many mothers, one of the most enjoyable aspects of their parenthood.’
- ‘Voting for this bill is not a vote for motherhood, or parenthood, or fatherhood - it is not.’
- ‘The organisation also warns that parenthood forces mothers into low paid jobs or to give up work altogether.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.