One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being a parent and the responsibilities involved.‘high rates of single parenthood’
childcare, child-rearing, motherhood, fatherhood, parenting, mothering, fatheringView synonyms
- ‘Dressing a little girl is, for many mothers, one of the most enjoyable aspects of their parenthood.’
- ‘However unusual her mother's approach to parenthood, it paid off.’
- ‘The organisation also warns that parenthood forces mothers into low paid jobs or to give up work altogether.’
- ‘Voting for this bill is not a vote for motherhood, or parenthood, or fatherhood - it is not.’
- ‘He has all the support from his mother and friends but is deprived of normal parenthood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.