Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated alongside, or on each side of, an axis, especially the central axis of the body.
- ‘Rather, their paraxial mesoderm had been transformed into neural epithelia.’
- ‘Myogenesis in the paraxial muscles (dorsal compartment) is dependent on contact with the neural tube and notochord, while limb and abdominal muscles (ventral compartment) are not.’
- ‘The signals determining their expression come from the adjacent paraxial mesoderm.’
- ‘First was the relatively simple activation of motoneuron fates by sonic hedgehog from the notochord and floorplate and retinoic acid from the paraxial mesoderm.’
- ‘Expression is maintained in dorsal paraxial regions where patterning is also intrinsic to the donor site of the graft.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.