Situated next to a ventricle of the brain.
- ‘In contrast, the teleost POA is considered to be the functional and topological equivalent to the paraventricular and supraoptic nuclei of the hypothalamus, which do not express POMC in mammals.’
- ‘In the front part of the hypothalamus lie the supraoptic and paraventricular nuclei, which send axons down through the stalk of the pituitary gland and into its posterior lobe, called the ‘neurohypophysis’.’
- ‘Neurosecretory paraventricular nucleus neurons are inhibited by glucocorticoid-dependent and independent mechanisms.’
- ‘They focused on a tiny portion of the hypothalamus called the paraventricular nucleus.’
- ‘These researchers discovered a pea-sized region of the fetal sheep brain called the paraventricular nucleus, which actually serves as a biosensor designed to trigger the events leading to a birth.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.