Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated next to a ventricle of the brain.
- ‘Neurosecretory paraventricular nucleus neurons are inhibited by glucocorticoid-dependent and independent mechanisms.’
- ‘In contrast, the teleost POA is considered to be the functional and topological equivalent to the paraventricular and supraoptic nuclei of the hypothalamus, which do not express POMC in mammals.’
- ‘In the front part of the hypothalamus lie the supraoptic and paraventricular nuclei, which send axons down through the stalk of the pituitary gland and into its posterior lobe, called the ‘neurohypophysis’.’
- ‘These researchers discovered a pea-sized region of the fetal sheep brain called the paraventricular nucleus, which actually serves as a biosensor designed to trigger the events leading to a birth.’
- ‘They focused on a tiny portion of the hypothalamus called the paraventricular nucleus.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.