One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of a paratroop regiment or airborne unit.
- ‘Workers besiege police barracks and surround the paratroopers attacking the soldiers, arguing with them.’
- ‘The mood was set when the enemy paratroopers descended from the sky and were attacked by the allied troops.’
- ‘It currently houses a company of army paratroopers known as the Special Services Group.’
- ‘Soldier A, a paratrooper, was a member of one of two platoons involved directly in the vast majority of the killings which took place that day.’
- ‘The obtaining situation and the open terrain were factors that did not let paratroopers linger for long in those areas.’
- ‘An inseparable trait of the paratroopers was the hunting dexterity of each particular fighter.’
- ‘The tank destroyer pulled up beside the foxhole to speak to the young paratrooper.’
- ‘The enemy met descending paratroopers with heavy small arms and machinegun fire.’
- ‘Most paratroopers like to mark such a milestone by doing a special jump.’
- ‘The air-drop equipment is intended to air drop paratroopers, materiel and cargo.’
- ‘He was a sergeant paratrooper who commanded a group of men at the abbey.’
- ‘The remaining enemy withdrew and the paratroopers were saved from destruction.’
- ‘When several Israeli journalists caught up with a group of paratroopers and infantry on their way to the front, they were shocked by the intensity of the emotions.’
- ‘They were perhaps closer to Royal Marine Commandos or paratroopers than 18th-century Prussian guardsmen.’
- ‘Senator, my father was a paratrooper in the 101st Airborne in World War II.’
- ‘Lou, we've spent most of the day with paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne Division.’
- ‘While in flight, it can drop both paratroopers and military equipment.’
- ‘We were between the paratroopers to the north and the British second Army to the south.’
- ‘It was created from a photograph of him visiting the paratroopers of the 101st Airborne Division.’
- ‘Israel would then deploy around 30,000 paratroopers, infantry and armoured brigades.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.