One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated beside the sternum.
- ‘Fluoroscopy showed the acupuncture needle, about 4 cm in length, to lie in the parasternal region of the left hemithorax.’
- ‘CT or MRI clearly demonstrate the sternalis muscle as a longitudinal structure with a parasternal course.’
- ‘Three days later, the diaphragm and parasternal intercostals contained numerous inflammatory cells and necrotic muscle fibers.’
- ‘The aortic root area was measured using the parasternal long-axis view.’
- ‘The aponeuroses and muscles connecting the fractured ribs to the non-fractured ribs probably play a major role in transmitting the inspiratory force of the contracting parasternal intercostals to the flail portion of the chest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.