One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A region that seeks or claims but does not have the status of a recognized independent state.
- ‘Such examples also point to a conundrum for the parastate: it may be too small to survive.’
- ‘The parastate, most often, seeks to represent itself as the state within the state.’
- ‘In practice, coordinated by the official state apparatus, the parastate acquired enormous importance within and parallel to the institutional Right.’
- ‘The parastates are again preparing for battle.’
- ‘Neither parastate had a shred of official recognition from the outside world, but they believed that their manoeuvring would be rewarded in the end.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.