Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A disorder characterized by abnormal or unusual behavior of the nervous system during sleep.‘he's being treated for parasomnia at a sleep disorder clinic’
- ‘In some cases, parasomnia can cause people to commit crimes in their sleep.’
- ‘Keep reading to learn about the three categories of parasomnia (rhythmic, paroxysmal, and static disorders) and find out how you can help your child.’
- ‘Sleepwalking is a form of parasomnia, a class of sleep disorders characterized by partial wakefulness.’
- ‘Nocturnal head banging, sleep talking and nocturnal leg cramps are other rare forms of parasomnia.’
- ‘Almost 20-40 percent of all normal kids have parasomnia at least once in their lifetimes.’
1930s: blend of para- and insomnia.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.