Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A disorder characterized by abnormal or unusual behavior of the nervous system during sleep.‘he's being treated for parasomnia at a sleep disorder clinic’
- ‘Nocturnal head banging, sleep talking and nocturnal leg cramps are other rare forms of parasomnia.’
- ‘Sleepwalking is a form of parasomnia, a class of sleep disorders characterized by partial wakefulness.’
- ‘In some cases, parasomnia can cause people to commit crimes in their sleep.’
- ‘Almost 20-40 percent of all normal kids have parasomnia at least once in their lifetimes.’
- ‘Keep reading to learn about the three categories of parasomnia (rhythmic, paroxysmal, and static disorders) and find out how you can help your child.’
1930s: blend of para- and insomnia.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.