One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance used in medicine and veterinary medicine to kill parasites (especially those other than bacteria or fungi).
disinfectant, germicide, bactericide, preservativeView synonyms
- ‘Arsenic compounds, commonly used in non-organic poultry feed as growth promoters and parasiticides, are linked to high incidence of cancer and other illnesses in areas where poultry litter containing arsenic is used as fertilizer.’
- ‘‘This means,’ says Gasbarre, ‘that growers can reduce their use of parasiticides by removing or treating the few high-parasite animals once they're identified.’’
- ‘One of the most effective treatments is a parasiticide that is applied to a small area at the back of the neck.’
- ‘Wormers accounted for 26% of the market, biologicals for 20% and external parasiticides for 10%.’
- ‘We don't use any commercial fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides, parasiticides, antibiotics, or growth hormones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.