One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The demonstrable presence of parasites in the blood.
- ‘As many as 35 candidate vaccines are in clinical development, of which 16 are designed to prevent or reduce the onset of parasitemia, reduce febrile malaria attacks, and promote earlier recovery.’
- ‘Firstly, because the level of parasitaemia in malaria varies from hour to hour, blood should have been examined several times a day for two or three days.’
- ‘These typically include malnutrition, anaemia, malaria parasitaemia, or HIV infection.’
- ‘The occurrence of other illnesses and malarial parasitaemia (adjusted for positive smear results at baseline) was not significantly affected by iron administration.’
- ‘Study children were visited at home at 18 months of age to collect finger prick blood samples for assessing packed cell volume and the presence of malaria parasitaemia and again at 23 months of age to assess their health.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.