Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or situated in a plane adjacent or parallel to the plane that divides the body into right and left halves.
- ‘One patient, a 74-year-old woman with AD, had thrombosis of her superior sagittal sinus producing bilateral parasagittal regions of extensive hemorrhagic necrosis.’
- ‘The degree of atrophy is much more profound in the parasagittal cortex, and is particularly severe in the frontal region of this hemisphere.’
- ‘The ancestral dinosaur took this a step further by forcing its hindlimbs under the body with an interned femoral head, constraining hindlimb movement to the parasagittal plane.’
- ‘This information then is superimposed on enlargements of parasagittal sections adapted from a standard human brain atlas.’
- ‘The distal radial expansion therefore restricts movement of the carpus on the antebrachium largely to the parasagittal plane.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.