One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of mental phenomena which are excluded from or inexplicable by orthodox scientific psychology (such as hypnosis, telepathy, etc.).
- ‘It is, rather, a postulated phenomenon of parapsychology.’
- ‘During the course of my extraordinary journey through the labyrinth of parapsychology I played the part of both psychic and researcher.’
- ‘Therefore, it will be the interface between parapsychology and general psychology, and not the various other fields of science, that will be of most interest here.’
- ‘Dr. Smith is an authority on parapsychology, the psychology of superstition and paranormal belief, and the psychology of deception.’
- ‘Most of the participants were interested in parapsychology and in psi phenomena.’
- ‘I think in the past the déjà vu experience has been interpreted by parapsychology and it's very tempting to be thinking about the déjà vu experiences perhaps reflecting a past life.’
- ‘Pertinent research findings in parapsychology and mainstream psychology will be summarized.’
- ‘This site is dedicated to parapsychology and related paranormal phenomena.’
- ‘Rhine, by the way, is the person who coined the terms extrasensory perception and parapsychology.’
- ‘It is important to make a distinction between formal parapsychology and the psychic nonsense and superstition that often operates in its name.’
- ‘In many of the word association experiments used in parapsychology, the assumption is made that the ESP will work automatically on an unconscious level.’
- ‘Fourth, in many circles association with parapsychology is a social and an intellectual stigma.’
- ‘Experimental results of parapsychology seem unable to fulfill these requirements.’
- ‘Unfortunately, this is the threshold used by most journals in medicine, psychology, and parapsychology.’
- ‘The data of parapsychology have direct relevance to these and other issues in cognitive science.’
- ‘Human Personality can still speak to modern psychology and parapsychology in different ways.’
- ‘And there is not a single example of a scientific discovery in the field of parapsychology that has been independently replicated.’
- ‘One criticism of parapsychology has been that its researchers have ignored studies with negative outcomes.’
- ‘Now it must be recognized that not all involvement of magicians in parapsychology has proven useful; there have been minor disasters in this regard.’
- ‘Let us not trivialise this by saying that it is because of parapsychology or telepathy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.