One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition characterized by abnormal sexual desires, typically involving extreme or dangerous activities.
- ‘Although the diagnosis of preferential rape paraphilia appears in the psychological records in 1991 while he was incarcerated, he was not treated for this condition.’
- ‘I guess I'm kind of a cat racist, though these comments are more on the level of sexual paraphilia.’
- ‘Pedophilia is the most commonly occurring form of paraphilia with an estimated 20% of American children having been sexually molested.’
- ‘According to science, there is no perfect profile that sticks to this stigmatic paraphilia - the job descriptions, sexual orientations, age and race of these people are random.’
- ‘A paraphilia is a condition in which a person's sexual arousal and gratification depend on fantasizing about and engaging in sexual behavior that is atypical and extreme.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.