A turn with the skis kept parallel to each other.
- ‘Anything steep found us making classic parallel turns with latched heels.’
- ‘From the top of most chair lifts, there are long winding runs where intermediate skiers and adventurous beginners can master their parallel turns.’
- ‘A series of short, linked parallel turns becomes slaloms, ideal for ski cross training.’
- ‘My first year on inlines didn't seem to improve my skiing, probably because I hadn't learned how to carve parallel turns on skates, although I'd been doing it for years on skis.’
- ‘Before attempting the forwards powerslide, you first need to learn a few primer moves: parallel turns, spin transitions and backwards powerslides.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.