One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mode of computer operation in which a process is split into parts that execute simultaneously on different processors attached to the same computer.
- ‘The eServer p655 is designed for applications that require very large databases or massively parallel processing, typically needed by companies in sectors like digital media and life sciences.’
- ‘However, conventional embedded processors without efficient parallel processing could not execute massive image processing and high speed data transfer with low power consumption.’
- ‘The advent of high speed super computers and parallel processing has decreased the length of time involved in a calculation but this approach is still not ‘fast.’’
- ‘IBM began selling servers in the 1960s and produced key innovations such as using several small computers instead of one big one to solve large problems, known as parallel processing.’
- ‘Thanks to the benefits of parallel image acquisition and parallel processing, such a system can scan images at a much higher speed than conventional systems and process digital data in real time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.