One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See parallel parking
- ‘Its straight-up design adding to the excellent boot space and to rear-view vision which makes this one of the easier large vehicles around to parallel park in tight situations.’
- ‘I don't know if she managed to parallel park the hulk herself, but the chances of her extricating it seemed slim.’
- ‘Sometimes I have to tap the car in front of or behind me to quickly parallel park and let honking traffic get by.’
- ‘Does any of you know how hard it is to parallel park without reverse?’
- ‘Remember trying to parallel park a car without power steering?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.