One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pair of parallel rails mounted on posts, used in gymnastics.
- ‘Decked out with fast tracks and tumble tracks, a fully sprung floor area, full beams, asymmetric and parallel bars, rings and a vaulting table, there is all the equipment for every discipline.’
- ‘Women's gymnastic events include balance beam, uneven parallel bars, combined exercises, floor exercises, vaulting, and rhythmic sportive gymnastics.’
- ‘Her routine on the parallel bars includes combinations that are unique.’
- ‘The muscular development of Olympic gymnasts, who work on rings and parallel bars, proves how effective a dipping movement is for triceps.’
- ‘Check out the male and female weight lifters and body builders at Muscle Beach with it's free weights, rings, parallel bars, balance bar, and other gymnastics apparatus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.