One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease caused by any of a group of viruses which resemble the influenza viruses.
- ‘In the same year that Rosen and colleagues published their findings on PAP, parainfluenza was first recognized as a human respiratory pathogen.’
- ‘In addition, illnesses with other etiologies such as parainfluenza, respiratory syncytial virus, adenovirus, allergies, and bacterial pneumonia can have symptoms similar to those of influenza.’
- ‘The researchers' next step will be to develop a quantum dot cocktail capable of simultaneously detecting the presence of at least five major respiratory viruses: influenza A and B, parainfluenza and metapneumovirus, in addition to RSV.’
- ‘Respiratory syncytial virus, parainfluenza, influenza, and adenovirus accounted for 21 CARV infections.’
- ‘One of these viruses, parainfluenza, infects almost all children before they reach the age of 5, causing illnesses ranging from colds to pneumonia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.