One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A symbol (usually ¶) used in printed text to mark a new paragraph or as a reference mark.
- ‘It is a good idea to display paragraph marks as you work so that you don't accidentally lose a paragraph's formatting properties.’
- ‘I used paragraph marks because your built-in preview concatenated my paragraphs into one.’
- ‘One common task is removing extra paragraph marks in the document. The macro in this tip makes short work of removing all the extra paragraph marks.’
- ‘At the beginning of each paragraph in an APA full-text article, a small gray paragraph symbol appears.’
- ‘The rather long captions of a photographic feature are broken into ‘paragraphs’ indicated, not by indentation or by a line of white space, but by a red paragraph symbol.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.