One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Christian theology) the Holy Spirit as advocate or counselor (John 14:16, 26).
- ‘The Commandment and the Paraclete are yoked together with a resulting emphasis on discipleship as bearing true witness to Christ.’
- ‘The theology of the Paraclete contains and promotes a theological-ontological congruence.’
- ‘In Mark, Jesus is really absent - no Paraclete as in John; no Pentecost as in Luke-Acts; not even an ‘I am with you always’ as in Matthew.’
- ‘And we confess the living Holy Spirit, the living Paraclete.’
- ‘Johannine theology of the Paraclete points to a primary way in which participation in the exercise of political power can be a form of public witness to Christ.’
Via late Latin from Greek paraklētos ‘called in aid’, from para- ‘alongside’ + klētos (from kalein ‘to call’).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.