One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who uses a parachute.
- ‘I didn't have a lot of time to prepare for the parachute landing and, not being a parachutist, this was new to me.’
- ‘Army parachutists drop into the ocean from a C - 130 Hercules as part of Exercise Swift Eagle.’
- ‘The single-engined Cessna had taken off from Dunkeswell airfield with the five parachutists on board, all of whom were going to make a drop over the Devon countryside.’
- ‘The parachutists landed within a two-mile radius of their downed bomber.’
- ‘AN EXPERIENCED parachutist died after his parachute failed to open during a 13,000 ft jump on Sunday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.