One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Passing or situated beside or between cells.
- ‘Intestinal absorption of sugar may have a substantial passive paracellular component.’
- ‘Chloride ions, which must follow Na + ions to preserve electrical neutrality, enter cells through Cl - channels or cross through paracellular junctions.’
- ‘Enhancing Ca absorption via paracellular absorption would require a high concentration of soluble Ca in the rumen, small intestine, or both.’
- ‘Eosinophils abounded in subepithelium and in paracellular epithelial pathways.’
- ‘Eosinophils and neutrophils were occasionally seen on paracellular epithelial paths, and they appeared on the airway surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.