One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crystalline acid that is widely distributed in plant and animal tissue. It has been used to treat rickettsial infections and is widely used in suntan lotions and sunscreens to absorb ultraviolet light.
- ‘Some supplement manufacturers include herbs like black cohosh or nonessential nutrients like para-aminobenzoic acid in their multivitamins.’
- ‘Fish oil capsules or supplements containing large amounts of para-aminobenzoic acid can elevate blood sugar.’
- ‘Cyclodextrin can act as an efficient inhibitor of the photosensitized dimerization of thymine by para-aminobenzoic acid in aqueous solution.’
- ‘Folic acid is composed of three primary structures, a hetero-bicyclic pteridine ring, para-aminobenzoic acid, and glutamic acid.’
- ‘A few years ago, most sunscreens contained ingredients known as PABAs, para-aminobenzoic acid and its derivatives.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.