Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The nominal value of a bond, share of stock, or a coupon as indicated in writing on the document or specified by charter.
- ‘These shares had a par value of $100 each, but were recorded at a fair market value of $120,000.’
- ‘They could issue no more notes than the par value of the bond holdings.’
- ‘The par value of the stock was fifty dollars, and the amount of capital stock in the company was one hundred thousand dollars.’
- ‘The value of a bond depends on its par value, coupon and maturity date.’
- ‘The minimum par value of each bond will be 950 euro.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.