One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The nominal value of a bond, share of stock, or a coupon as indicated in writing on the document or specified by charter.
- ‘They could issue no more notes than the par value of the bond holdings.’
- ‘The value of a bond depends on its par value, coupon and maturity date.’
- ‘The par value of the stock was fifty dollars, and the amount of capital stock in the company was one hundred thousand dollars.’
- ‘These shares had a par value of $100 each, but were recorded at a fair market value of $120,000.’
- ‘The minimum par value of each bond will be 950 euro.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.