One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The nominal value of a bond, share of stock, or a coupon as indicated in writing on the document or specified by charter.
- ‘The value of a bond depends on its par value, coupon and maturity date.’
- ‘These shares had a par value of $100 each, but were recorded at a fair market value of $120,000.’
- ‘They could issue no more notes than the par value of the bond holdings.’
- ‘The minimum par value of each bond will be 950 euro.’
- ‘The par value of the stock was fifty dollars, and the amount of capital stock in the company was one hundred thousand dollars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.