The nominal value of a bond, share of stock, or a coupon as indicated in writing on the document or specified by charter.
- ‘The minimum par value of each bond will be 950 euro.’
- ‘They could issue no more notes than the par value of the bond holdings.’
- ‘These shares had a par value of $100 each, but were recorded at a fair market value of $120,000.’
- ‘The par value of the stock was fifty dollars, and the amount of capital stock in the company was one hundred thousand dollars.’
- ‘The value of a bond depends on its par value, coupon and maturity date.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.